Die Frauenquote – An Update on Diversity in German and UK Boardrooms, 16th October 2018
CMS and Fidelio are delighted to be co-hosting the third iteration of “Die Frauenquote”, once again supported by the German-British Chamber of Industry and Commerce. This will take place in Frankfurt ensuring a German perspective and reflecting the importance of greater diversity in German and UK Boardrooms, as well as at the Executive table.
The seminar has previously been held in London, attracting senior business leaders from major UK and German corporates for a lively and constructive debate of what works, what more needs to be done, and how we can continue to move the dial on the critical issue of diversity in Germany. A key focus of the seminar is to shine a light on the process of diversity on Boards in Germany and the UK and to identify and share practical examples of best practice and next steps.
Confirmed speakers for October 2018 include:
- Simone Menne – Supervisory Board Member, BMW Group; Supervisory Board Member, Deutsche Post DHL Group; Non-Executive Director, Johnson Controls International; Supervisory Board Member, Springer Nature; Former Member of Board of Managing Directors and Chief Financial Officer, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH; Former Member of the Executive Board and Chief Financial Officer, Lufthansa.
- Elisabeth Lady Stheeman – External Member Financial Policy Committee (FPC), External Member Financial Market Infrastructure (FMI) Board, and former Senior Advisor, Bank of England; Member of Board of Directors and Member of Audit Committee, Korian; Supervisory Board Member of Aareal Bank AG.
- Dr Hans-Christoph Hirt – Executive Director and Head, Hermes EOS; Founding Council Member, Institutional Investor Council Malaysia; Corporate Governance Fellow, Financial Markets Group, London School of Economics; Teaching Fellow, Faculty of Laws, University College London; Member of Advisory Board, HHL Center for Corporate Governance; Fellow, Royal Society of the Arts; Member of the Shareholder Responsibilities Committee, International Corporate Governance Network; Member of the Board of Governors and its Finance Committee, Stormont House School.
The audience will once again be senior business leaders who recognise the benefits of diversity in the Board room and leadership team extending across German and UK business.
Previous speakers have included:
- Edelgard Bulmahn – Former Federal Minister of Education and Research, Vice President of the Bundestag until 2017.
- Sir Philip Hampton – Chair, Hampton-Alexander Review; Chairman, GlaxoSmithKline plc; Senior Independent Non-Executive Director, Anglo American plc.
- John Allan – Chairman, Tesco plc; Barratt Developments plc and London First; Non-Executive Director, Worldpay Group plc; former CFO, Deutsche Post.
- Carl-Peter Forster – Member of the Board of Volvo Cars Corporation, Gothenburg and Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd., Hong Kong as well as Chairman of London Taxi Company; various other Board Memberships, e.g. IMI Plc., Birmingham; Rexam Plc, London; The Mobility House, Zurich; Cosworth Ltd.; Chairman of the Board of Lead Equities AG, Vienna; former Chairman of ZMDi AG; former CEO of TATA Motors and former Group VP and Regional President of GM Europe, as well as holding several senior executive roles with BMW AG.
- Dr. Marion Helmes – Non-Executive Director, Member Audit & Risk Committee, Uniper; Senior Consultant, UBS; Non-Executive Director, Member Audit Committee; Member Nomination Committee, British American Tobacco; Non-Executive Director, Member of Audit Committee; Member Nomination Committee, Bilfinger; Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Board, ProSiebenSat 1; Non-Executive Director of NXP Semiconductors; former CEO und CFO of Celesio AG.
Fidelio has a clear focus on building Boards and leadership teams fit for the future through Search, Development and Evaluation. Diversity is hardwired into every aspect of Fidelio’s offering. As such we have a strong commitment to achieving greater gender balance in German and UK Boardrooms.
The seminar will be held 16th October at 5pm-7.30pm in Frankfurt and will be by invitation only. For further information please contact Olivia on email@example.com.